Full-Time WIDE FORMAT MACHINE OPERATOR
Are you looking for a career with a great company? We are looking for a Wide Format Machine Operator to join our award winning team! The ideal candidate has a strong mechanical aptitude, computer and technical skills, as well as experience running production equipment.
Suttle-Straus, is a premier provider of printing, digital imaging, wide format, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Generous paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
The primary function of this position is to operate and support equipment within the Wide Format Department. This position requires strong computer and technical skills as outlined below. The position works closely with fellow team members in Wide Format to insure the best product possible is delivered. The position may also serve as a technical liaison with our sales and marketing staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate wide format printers.
- Manage files and settings on the printer.
- Perform routine maintenance on the Wide Format equipment.
- Perform various finishing operations such as routing, sewing, welding, laminating, cutting, and other hand finishing operations.
- Load and unload specified media, both flat and roll fed substrates.
- Track media usage and monitor inventory levels.
- Communicate effectively with peers on issues, concerns or job schedule.
- Keep the work area clean and organized.
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills
- Must understand and be able to work within a .pdf workflow, including using Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to plan and create imposition layouts to best utilize the printer
- Previous experience creating impositions highly desired
- Ability to understand color management and color matching
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative with the printer output settings to maximize the output
- Must have strong communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must have a creative approach to provide product finishing solutions
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to stand and move around for up to 8 hours
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate math skills
How to ApplyApply online at www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment. Suttle-Straus is an equal employment opportunity employer.
85 total views, 2 today