Full-Time WEB PRESS TRAINEE–FIRST SHIFT
Would you like to build a career with a great company? Suttle-Straus is looking for a Web Press Trainee to join our award winning team! The ideal candidate has a strong mechanical aptitude and an interest in growing a career in the graphic communications industry.
Suttle-Straus is a premier provider of printing, digital production, wide format, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Generous paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist machine operators in the press room. This position requires that the individual be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret and follow direction from a PrintStream work ticket
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours straight
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Ability to operate computer based technology
- Install, clean and adjust rollers
- Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the press and surrounding area
- Keep area free from pallets, skid and skid tops
- Remove waste paper, ink and solvents
Skills, Educational & Physical Requirements:
- Interest in the graphic communications industry
- High School education or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to read a ruler
- Requires basic math skills
- Constant standing and/or walking
- Manual dexterity
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally ascend/descend steps
- Occasionally squat or kneel
- Occasionally bend
Suttle-Straus is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApply online at www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment
332 total views, 4 today