Full-Time Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor will manage the daily operations of the shipping and receiving department to ensure orders are shipped and delivered in a timely manner.
A successful Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is analytical, energetic, well-organized and excels in communication. Individual must be comfortable with paperwork and information systems and have knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures. Candidate must be committed to providing exceptional customer service as it relates to shipping and receiving.
· Supervises and leads department staff.
· Uses software to track, check, prioritize and route orders as deemed appropriate. Using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
· Manages and prepares documents such as; shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
· Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
· Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
· Inspects material handling equipment for defects; notifies maintenance personnel or outside service vendors for repair.
· Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving department to storage and work areas.
· Orders and maintains updated inventory of all supplies for shipping department.
· Compiles records of unfilled orders.
· Posts weights and shipping charges.
· May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 5+ Years of Shipping and Receiving experience, required. (Mail order and small parcel type warehouse, preferred)
· 2+ Years of Supervisory experience, required
· Working knowledge of Post-Sort Software (WindowBook or Monticello), required
· Knowledge in Satori Bulk Mailer, preferred
· Proficiency with internet applications; relating to online shipping schedules (BOL Creation, UPS, USPS, FedEx)
· Ability to coach, mentor and motivate workers to attain a higher degree of performance; develop staff to maximize potential
· Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to make appropriate decisions
How to ApplyResumes can be submitted through www.indeed.com or emailed to email@example.com
276 total views, 1 today