Full-Time Sheetfed Second Pressman/Feeder
Assists the First Pressman with performing manual, computerized and mechanical operator tasks and in the setup, maintenance, and operation of the press.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Read and understand job tickets and work instructions.
- Make up paper loads and positions them in the press
- Set up the feed section of the press
- Run the continuous feed section of the press
- Perform make-ready procedures on the press for color and registration according to SG360’s SOPs, written job instructions and the job ticket.
- Monitor and assist in roller replacements, adjustments and other items of complex nature on the press.
- Train floor help on set up and workings of press systems, equipment, and auxiliary equipment.
- Assist the pressman where directed
- Inform the pressman or foreman of any needed repairs on the press. Assist in breakdowns and preventive maintenance as directed.
- Assist in keeping the work area clean
- Learn the latest industry improvements, technology and changes to maintain expert skills.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Pressroom Manager.
- Basic math, measurement, mechanical, statistical process control, communication, interpersonal, and problem solving.
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Good color vision for evaluation of proofs and press sheets.
- Thorough knowledge of pressroom operations, work flow, equipment, materials, products.
- General understanding of Prepress, Bindery, Die-cutting and other finishing operations
Education and Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1- 3 years as a feeder or second pressman
- Operation of the data collection system
- On the job training in the specific duties of the job
- Minimum of 3 years as a feeder in a quality shop
- Pressroom experience as floor help, feeder or second pressman.
- Experience with multi-color 40″ press with coating unit and UV print, a plus
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Able to work different shifts.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
How to Apply
80 total views, 2 today