Full-Time Sheet Fed Die Cutter
Job Title: Sheet Fed Press Operator
3rd Shift Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 10:45 pm – 7:00 am, Thursday 10:45 pm – 5:45 am; additional overtime or weekend hours as scheduled
Set up, operate, and maintain sheet-fed die cutting equipment to produce folding carton blanks per customer expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions for each order, reporting any discrepancies for correction.
- Verify correct materials and supplies are available to run assigned jobs.
- Verify the die is correct for producing the job. Check die cut blank against supplied samples or proofs.
- Verify all customer changes have been made before reruns.
- Check position of copy and get approval for any deviation from supplied samples.
- Maintain constant checks throughout the production run for cutting, creasing, and print-to-cut register.
- Properly store and maintain dies and spot sheets.
- Write up necessary repairs or replacements for dies
- Maintain quality and productivity standards and minimize waste.
- Notify Maintenance of necessary repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork, i.e. daily production time sheet, job ticket, roll tags, etc.
- Keep your press area clean and safe by abiding within the established company cleanliness requirements, AIB guidelines, and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in the ongoing training of Press Assistants.
- Work together as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department.
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures and teamwork.
- Understand and support the goals, plans, and policies of the organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Requires a high school diploma, (GED), or equivalent experience.
- Technical degree in printing/die cutting preferred.
- Requires a minimum 24 months of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Basic leadership skills required to give support associates simple directions.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand/walk for up to 12 hours per shift as well as stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud.
How to ApplyApply online at https://www.wspackaging.com/about/careers
134 total views, 1 today