Full-Time Production Center Associate
GPA is the market leader in substrate solutions for offset, digital and wide format printing, with a comprehensive offering of pressure sensitive papers, films, laser labels, eco-friendly substrates, digital and specialty papers, and more.
Our foundation is built on consistently delivering a wide variety of superior products at a great value. It is our continued focus on developing innovative solutions to our customers and their business, combined with the commitment to provide the best products in the marketplace that has positioned us as the industry leader.
GPA is currently seeking full-time Production Associates (1st and 2nd shifts available) for our Chicago Distribution Center.
Position responsibilities include:
- Safely and efficiently produce product in accordance with the highest quality and quantity specifications in mind.
- Interact with GPA management, customer service, sales, warehouse and all other department in a respectful, helpful, and professional manner while performing daily responsibilities.
- Ability to be flexible in order to accommodate priority orders when possible.
- Work to ensure a clean work area by cleaning equipment, and sweeping work areas in accordance with daily and weekly housekeeping standards.
- Maintain order status logs on the computer as well the “Daily Treatment Room Impression” worksheet.
- Ensure that all products in the treatment center and warehouse areas are staged for production or put-away and properly labeled at all times and in the proper location.
- Operate all assigned machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the Company’s Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the assigned equipment is maintained properly and the maintenance logs and various production logs are accurately and properly recorded.
- Inspect products for quality to prevent sub-standard product from being packaged and shipped.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required to maintain production of a good quality product.
- Use the various equipment available including, but not limited to: cutter, packaging, presses, and the computer.
- Ensure that the warehouse is aware of orders that are being produced for same day shipment.
- Conduct warehouse activities as needed, which include the timely and accurate processing of outbound orders through standardized shipping methods and processes.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of LTL, and UPS/FedEx orders as necessary.
- Provide backup support for material placement into warehouse.
- Understand the processes involved with opening and or closing Chicago facility.
- High school diploma or GED desired, some college or continuing education strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years previous machine operation experience strongly desired.
- Highly effective organizational skills and the ability to be detail and process oriented.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly desired,
- Works independently, with little direction.
- Strong Customer Service attitude both to internal and external customers.
- Works well under pressure and can operate successfully and a very fast paced working environment.
- Ability to lift and handle cartons weighing in excess of 50 pounds consistently throughout the day.
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to fill in for people that are absent
- Dependable – Arriving on time, with good overall attendance, and reliable transportation
- Cooperative – Pleasant towards others on the job and a cooperative attitude
- Adaptable – Able to quickly adjust to changing demands
How to ApplyResumes can be submitted by email to email@example.com or by fax to (773) 847-2782. Relocation is not provided for this position. No phone calls please. All post-offer candidates will be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug screen before they can begin employment. GPA offers a competitive compensation package, medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and much more. GPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Voted Best Workplace in the Americas Winner 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016, Best of the Best Winner 2009, by the Printing Industries of America/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation
45 total views, 1 today