Full-Time Production Assistant Supervisor – 2nd Shift
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs.
We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your message is our mission”.
Sets up, adjusts, and operates folding and/or cutting machines. Balances personal production with supervisory requirements as needed. Assistant Supervisors do not administer discipline or directly evaluate other bargaining unit employees.
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Observes all safety rules and regulations.
– Examines work order to determine specifications and sample verification.
– Supplies proper tooling and components to the folding machines
– Sets up folding machine per sample and order jacket specifications with the least amount of downtime.
– Troubleshoots operating difficulties including: analyzing machine operations, inspection of products, locating troublesome elements within machines and makes necessary mechanical adjustments to eliminate quality variations and mechanical malfunctions.
– Inspects product quality according to quality guidelines.
– Maintains accurate counts of envelopes to boxes, cartons, and skids.
– Adjusts folding machine and packs envelopes uniformly and neatly, also keeping up with the machine speed.
– Installs dies, knifes and/or blades in a variety of cutting equipment.
– Programs and makes adjustments to a variety of cutting equipment.
– Setups and runs Shears, Die In Head Cutting Press, a manual Hobbs Press, and an automatic, programmable Cutting Press.
– Performs minor maintenance tasks on machinery.
– Completes paperwork at end of tasks.
– Monitors and tracks quality
– Schedules manning based on production needs
– Monitors shift productions to productivity metrics
– Analyzes and resolves work problems
– Champions safety for shift
– Develops employees’ skills and efficiencies
Position Required Qualifications
– High School diploma or equivalent
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and interpret ruler measurements.
Position Preferred Qualifications
– Previous lead experience.
– Ability to approach others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments. Maintains confidentiality, resolves conflict.
– Writes clearly and informatively, uses all methods of communication for appropriate interaction with all people throughout the organization.
– Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
– Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; makes oneself available to staff.
– Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Fosters a quality focus.
– Ability to use Wyatt and Microsoft computer applications, at an intermediate level.
– Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, including personal and business development for self and others.
– Motivates and influences others toward a positive team environment.
– History of good attendance, dependability, and reliability.
– Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
– Work Environment – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website at https://www.wsel.com/careers/production-assistant-supervisor!
228 total views, 3 today