Full-Time Outside Sales Trainee
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. WSEL is headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), and operates five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions. In business since 1908, WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation (CoC Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities) and Eco-Friendly Products (CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes). At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic people are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions to customers’ needs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Trainee Outside Sales Representative to work within our customer service area learning the envelope and label business for a 6 – 12-month training period. The majority of the training will focus on learning how we determine specifications, provide quotes, convert quotes to orders, manufacture sell and service our customers. Training will be conducted by our Sales and Customer Service Teams and take place primarily at our Corporate HQ and largest manufacturing plant in Butler, WI (near Milwaukee, WI). Training will also occur during 1 to 2 week periods at our manufacturing plants near Madison, WI, Toledo, OH and Erlanger, KY (near Cincinnati, OH). You will also train and make calls in our training territory outside of Toledo, OH for a defined period where you will work with your Manager Regional Sales and the Manager National Sales to call on existing customers and demonstrate the skills to create new business opportunities and customers.
Following completion of the training program, we will obtain your interest/preference and you will move to the next available open territory within the United States; relocation assistance will be provided. Once assigned to a territory, you will become an Outside Sales Representative responsible for envelope and label sales, job estimating, and territory management. In this role, you have the flexibility to create your own schedule, work out of your home, and make the business decisions necessary to grow and expand your markets. This will require extensive day travel within your territory, but not require frequent overnight stays. Progress to 100% Commission pay structure with unlimited earnings potential & no cap on commissions.
During and following the training period, the new hire will become adept at:
– Providing product information accurately and knowledgeably.
– Providing accurate and timely price information on stock items and specialty manufactured orders.
– Providing accurate and timely delivery information, expediting as needed.
– Providing prompt and courteous responses to orders and quotation requests from customers, prospective customers, sales, and management personnel.
– Being able to accurately and expediently initiate and process stock orders, special make orders, sample requests and printing layout requests.
– Administering the Company Credit Policy effectively and uniformly.
– Working harmoniously with other Sales personnel, office personnel, factory personnel, vendors, and all other people associated with the organization.
– Using the computer and other tools to be efficient, while enhancing the level of service to our customers.
– Knowing the various machine capabilities and specifications, both in envelopes and labels.
– Understanding the basic principles of printing, of paper, and of postal specifications.
– Functioning independently from direct supervision of their immediate supervisor, being relied upon to make good, informed decisions.
Position Required Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Proven Communication Skills
– Ability to develop Negotiation Skills
– Some Computer Literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite. –
Ability to be trained in CRM/databases.
– Excellent Organizational and Time Management Skills
– Self-Motivated and possess a sincere Drive for Success
LOCATION(s): Start at Butler, WI (Milwaukee, WI area) but territory assignment TBD
We are a stable privately held business with a 110 + year history of being an “About Family Company” in that employees, their families and our communities are at the forefront of how we do business in an atmosphere which is both autonomous and collaborative. The leadership team is highly focused on supporting sales efforts and driving growth and diversification. We have commanded 5+% market share within a $3 billion industry, with more opportunity to increase. WSEL has unique products and one of the largest volumes of catalog options for customers. We are obsessed with high quality customer care and providing excellent products. As an Outside Sales Representative, this allows you to sell on value, innovation and service, not just price alone.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website, at http://www.wsel.com/careers/entry-level-outside-sales-trainee. Thank you!
73 total views, 2 today