Full-Time MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN/INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN
Suttle-Straus is looking for a Maintenance Technician/Industrial Electrician to join our award winning team! The ideal candidate is a licensed industrial electrician with facility maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, and a continuous improvement mindset.
Suttle-Straus is a premier provider of print, digital production, wide format, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery such as HVAC, building lighting systems, machines, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance. Secondary role is an in-house electrician.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Oversee maintenance program, including HVAC, electrical, and maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment
- Directly responsible for the preparation of an annual budget and operating within that budget with regard to the expenses for facilities management.
- Respond to urgent maintenance calls and participate in the creation of emergency preparedness plans
- Coordinate preparation of bid documents for outside contractors for building and equipment maintenance
- Coordinate and participate in the planning and management of facilities repair and maintenance projects
- Perform typical maintenance tasks to support the production floor and the entire facility
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Director of Manufacturing
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Schedule and/or perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machinery and the building or grounds
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedule program for applicable equipment and machinery
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor support
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience working in facilities or project management
- Licensed industrial electrician
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge and repair abilities
- Ability to manage multiple complicated priorities/tasks
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office programs and computerized tools for project management, workload planning, cost estimating and records
- Skill in inspecting and/or performing quality control for projects
- Ability to perform the following skills: carpentry, electrical, machine repair, plant layout, painting, and janitorial
- Ability to use all hand tools and power tools common to the skills listed
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, O.E.M. instructions and specifications
- Constant motion
- Occasionally squat or kneel
- Frequently push, bend and stretch
- Frequently lift up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
How to ApplyApply online at www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment
101 total views, 1 today