Full-Time MAILING MACHINE OPERATOR
We are looking for a Mailing Machine Operator to join our award winning team! Suttle-Straus is a premier provider of offset printing, digital production, wide format, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Generous paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
The primary purpose of this role is to operate high-speed imaging equipment, mail inserting equipment capable of inserting up to 10 pieces of collateral material into an envelope, and/or inkjet equipment that images an address on a mail piece destined for the USPS. The operator sets up each job according to the job specifications and maintains established production standards. This is a production job requiring the operator to stand 8 hours a day. The position requires the operator be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
Duties, Responsibilities & Abilities:
- Interpret and follow direction from a PrintStream (or other comparable system) work ticket
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate Xerox Nuvera 288 production printers or similar models from another manufacturer, including color continuous inkjet imaging devices
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate 6-10 station Bell & Howell and/or Pitney Bowes inserting equipment or similar models from another manufacturer, including postage meters and tray banding equipment
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate Videojet inkjet equipment or similar models from another manufacturer, including tray banding equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend repetitively
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Ability to operate a computer based insert matching system
- Perform and/or request preventative maintenance and routine repairs (as necessary)
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Reading & writing skills
- Prior print shop and/or mail house experience
- General knowledge of US postal regulations
How to ApplyApply online at www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment Suttle-Straus is an equal employment opportunity employer.
241 total views, 1 today