Full-Time Machine Operator
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs.
We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your message is our mission”.
Operates machine to automatically fold envelopes on our 2nd and 3rd shifts. 2nd Shift (2:30 PM – 10:30 PM M-F) and 3rd Shift (10:30 PM – 6:30 AM Sun Night – Fri Morn)
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Operates all machines in the folding department.
– Examines work order to determine specifications and sample verification.
– Inspects product quality according to quality guidelines.
– Maintains accurate counts of envelopes to boxes, cartons, and skids.
– Packs envelopes uniformly and neatly, keep up with the machine speed.
– Places die cut paper stacks onto feed of machine.
– Checks order throughout course of production to ensure accurate labeling, printing, and packaging of product.
– Assists in removing paper jams and preventative maintenance when scheduled.
– Completes appropriate paperwork to record labor, time and quantity.
– Machine wash-ups and other cleaning duties.
Position Required Qualifications
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and interpret ruler measurements.
Position Preferred Qualifications
– Hard working, conscientious workers with a good mechanical aptitude
– Solid work history in a manufacturing environment
– History of good attendance
– Physical Demands – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
– Work Environment – While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website at www.wsel.com/careers!
68 total views, 1 today