Full-Time Folding Machine Adjuster/Setup Technician
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs. We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your message is our mission”.
– Are you mechanical and like working with machines? We are looking for Envelope –
Folding Machine Adjusters for 2nd (2:30 pm – 10:30 pm, M-F) and 3rd Shift (10:30 pm – 6:30 am, Sun PM – Fri AM) for our Butler facility. You will be responsible for setting up, adjusting, troubleshooting and operating machines. This position is eligible for a pay raise every 90 days! Opportunities for advancement!
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Observes all safety rules and regulations.
– Examines work order to determine specifications and sample verification.
– Supplies proper tooling and components to the folding machines
– Sets up folding machine per sample and order jacket specifications with the least -amount of downtime.
– Seeks appropriate approvals (OK’s) on every job that is manufactured on the equipment.
– Troubleshoots operating difficulties including: analyzing machine operations, inspection of products, locating troublesome elements within machines and makes necessary mechanical adjustments to eliminate quality variations and mechanical malfunctions.
– Inspects product quality according to quality guidelines.
– Maintains accurate counts of envelopes to boxes, cartons, and skids.
– Adjusts folding machine and packs envelopes uniformly and neatly, also keeping up with the machine speed.
– Seeks advice from management when quality is being jeopardized for machine speed.
– Replaces gum window roll and roll of paper, as needed.
– Checks order throughout course of production to ensure accurate labeling, printing, and packaging of product.
– Removes paper jams and performs preventative maintenance when scheduled.
– Follows all 5S expectations.
– Transports finished goods to appropriate area.
– Works as a team with the operator and other adjusters including other shifts.
– Performs related work as required.
Position Required Qualifications
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read and interpret ruler measurements.
Position Preferred Qualifications
– 2 to 5 years machine set-up and/or repair experience.
– Team Player
– Detail oriented
– While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
– While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website at www.wsel.com/careers
111 total views, 1 today