Full-Time Finishing Manager
Directs bindery, mailing, fulfillment, receiving, warehousing and shipping operations. Develops and refines procedures and processes to increase operational efficiency and reduce waste. Maintains continuous improvement culture by utilizing lean tools, and engaging team members.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Direct reports: 1st Shift Bindery Supervisor, 2nd Shift Bindery Supervisor, 3rd Shift Bindery Supervisor, Finishing Technical Engineer and Shipping/Fulfillment Supervisor
- Within the finishing department, ensure work is properly planned and distributed, production is achieved according to schedule, quality standards are met, efficient work procedures are developed and followed; good relations with other departments and customers are maintained.
- Lead managing for daily improvement (MDI); engage supervisors, crew leader and operators.
- Consider methods, equipment and materials to improve productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained; important production, business, and personnel records are preserved, and regular reports are provided to management regarding costs, operations, and morale.
- Production forecast (capacity and staff planning).
- Coach all finishing supervisors to superior performance.
- Lead meetings with bindery crews on a regular basis.
- Troubleshooting (production problems).General responsibilities (shared with other managers):
- Safety and hazardous materials
- Promote a safe, clean and healthy environment for all people. Encourage wellness.
- Quality assurance (including quality investigations and spoilage reports)
- Training (production)
- Oversee scheduling in bindery with scheduler and shift supervisors
- Improve productivity and efficiency
- Insure a high level of cooperation between departments for maximum efficiency and lowest cost
- Planning and goal setting
- Motivation and morale
- Hiring and promotions
- Major equipment purchases
- Customer relations
- Set company policy
- Schedule, facilitate and attend meetings as needed to quickly move projects or issues into action
How to ApplyPlease apply on-line at: http://www.prospera.com/CareerHubViewer/Post.aspx?ID=riponprinters_external_Xd86Mot4LBr3
828 total views, 3 today