Full-Time Digital Roll Press Operator
Responsible for the quality of work and efficient operation of the press. Performs preventative maintenance, and ensures the press is maintained in a clean, organized manner. Produces and approves preliminary make ready. Also responsible for final pre-run inspection of the job then supervises the running of the press.
All employees of Mossberg and company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To meet or exceed monthly budget production projections.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: All employment candidates will be given an Industrial Math, Mechanical Reasoning, Matching Industrial Images, and Color Blindness tests
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Operation of HP Indigo Digital Press
- Sets up press based on information from the job ticket
- Adjusts the press accurately, efficiently, and according to procedure
- Measures workflow efficiency by properly handling consumables
- Performing routine printing procedures
- Quality inspection, adherence to procedure, visual discrimination, print quality analysis and judgment
- Operate Forklift/pallet jack
- Responsible for ensuring that the press is maintained in a clean and organized manner
- Ensure that “Basic Wash-up Procedures” are followed before leaving for the day
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is performed properly, accurately, and according to TPM schedule
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree or GED
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two year or technical college or equivalent experience or combination of the both
- Additional courses in Print Production or Operations and other similar functional areas are beneficial
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, color theory, and physics are helpful but not integral
- Experience in conventional offset press operation, preferably color printing, or digital press print production operations
- Understanding the basic concept of prepress
- Experience in operating mechanical/electromechanical equipment
- Prior basic computer experience/aptitude
- Experience in color theory and practice
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Willingness to learn and have an inquisitive temperament
- Be a procedure-oriented and methodical individual
- Good visual discrimination, excellent feeling for quality and ability to visualize colors, including the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform technical adjustment and maintenance of the digital press
- Able to follow directions clearly and to work well independently as well as in a team
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance
- Strong analytical problem solving skills on press
- Must have strong reading comprehension skills in order to read and understand the job ticket
- General office equipment
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear
- Frequently required to walk
- Required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit and use computer 2-4 hours per day
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Must be able to tolerate smelling and breathing in chemical fumes
How to ApplyPlease visit our website at www.MossbergCo.com to apply, or send your resume to Donita Negron, HR Manager at email@example.com.
18 total views, 4 today