Full-Time Die Cutter
The die cutter operator should have a thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of bindery machines/die cutting machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Knowledge of quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock.
Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used. Handles multiple issues, items and functions prioritizing to achieve them as scheduled.
- Set up equipment for each job
- Operate the equipment
- Recognize when the output of the operation drifts from specification
- Able to read and interpret information from the job ticket
- Verifies loads for all products going to and from machinery and ensures that they are filled out completely and accurately based on job ticket information
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Good communicator with ability to read, write and speak English
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work overtime including weekends
- Infrequent reaching, bending and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Frequent standing.
- Ability to visually inspect all work for defects.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Relevant equipment experience & training.
- Technical and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of applicable bindery procedures.
- Knowledge of general maintenance procedures.
- Ability to develop new techniques for handling work.
- Ability to anticipate problems and head them off.
- Ability to communicate/understand written as well as oral instructions
- Basic Math including fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Demonstrate positive safety attitude.
- Knowledge of quality methods and techniques.
SG360°, a Segerdahl company, has been delivering innovative direct marketing communications for more than 60 years. We leverage the power of print to create connected experiences, pushing the envelope to deliver inspired communications that are touched, shared and remembered. Our single-campus footprint features the latest in web, digital and sheetfed offset printing and fulfillment technologies. From traditional print programs to personalized campaigns that capitalize on our customers digital marketing activities and data insights, nowhere else is that art of direct marketing so masterfully executed.
SG360° is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
How to ApplyApplicants apply on the company career page at www.sg360.com
95 total views, 3 today