Full-Time Cutter Operator
As the premiere manufacturer of envelopes and labels, Western States Envelope & Label (WSEL) serves a national market of customers that include printers, distributors and mailing-service providers. Headquartered in Butler, Wisconsin (west of Milwaukee), we operate five full-service plants that comprise our Envelope and Label Divisions and have been in business since 1908.
WSEL is known for our expansive offerings, unrivaled stock product selection, Continuous Improvement, innovative manufacturing techniques (Lean & Quick Response Manufacturing, robotics, etc.) and commitment to environmental stewardship through a Passion for Preservation via Change of Custody (CoC) Certifications, recycling, energy efficient facilities and Eco-Friendly Products that include CoC Certified and recycled and reusable envelopes.
At the center of it all, our adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic team of employees are committed to Continuous Improvement and the right solutions for our customers’ needs.
We don’t just make envelopes and labels, we provide a means to protect our customers’ message or a way to communicate it. We are on a mission to make sure any important message is received and are passionate about this, after all, “Your message is our mission”.
Sets up and operates cutting machinery equipped with rotary or reciprocating blades or dies to cut paper into sheets by performing the following duties. These positions are for our 2nd and 3rd shifts in our Butler, WI facility.
POSITION ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Reads order jacket to determine specifications of order to be cut.
– Installs dies, knifes and/or blades in a variety of cutting equipment.
– Programs and makes adjustments to a variety of cutting equipment.
– Setups and runs Shears, Die In Head Cutting Press, a manual Hobbs Press, and an
automatic, programmable Cutting Press.
– Performs minor maintenance tasks on machinery.
– Completes paperwork at end of tasks.
Position Required Qualifications
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, order jackets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Position Preferred Qualifications
– Previous cutting experience
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Western States Envelope & Label is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyPlease email via our website, www.wsel.com/careers/cutter-operator. Thank you!
614 total views, 1 today