Full-Time Cutter Operator
JOB SUMMARY: The Cutter Operator is responsible for the setup, adjustment and safe operation of all
cutting equipment. Must be able to prepare product to be packed, inspected, collated or bound, while ensuring customer specifications are met in accordance with company procedures and policies.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Review job tickets and plan work processes strategically to meet all customer specifications.
- Mark press sheet with marker to show proper cut and confirm final cut size.
- Set up assigned machine to job assignment specifications, obtain approval of setup and run product when indicated by supervisor or plant management.
- Accurately document press sheet information (dates and counts).
- Monitor assigned machine during run to ensure adherence to specification and make adjustments.
- Perform proper tool maintenance, including replacement of worn cutting blades with hand tools when required.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork.
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order.
- Work with Ryobi and Die Cutter to ensure correct product is being supplied to maintain production.
- Report any and all workplace hazards to management immediately.
- Report all work related injuries, illnesses and/or near misses to management immediately.
- Keep all work area/stations in compliance with our housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, such as keeping floors swept and absent of debris that may be a work hazard.
- Assist the bindery, pressroom and drill operator when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with a Polar Imperial, Cutter machine preferred
- Ability to communicate/understand written as well and oral instructions
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers and fraction
- Ability to read and understand written instructions in English, including those dealing with dimensions and quantity
- Knowledge of basic computer operations
- Knowledge of all procedures required to safely operate a guillotine cutting machine.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up
- Knowledge of various types of material handling equipment.
EDUCATION & TRAINING: High School diploma required. Safety training as required by OSHA regulations. .
- Full motion/motor skills in all body parts.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, and standing
- Manual dexterity, hand and upper body strength for repetitive work
How to Applyhttp://sg360.com/careers/
56 total views, 1 today