Full-Time BINDERY MACHINE OPERATOR
Suttle-Straus, a premier provider of offset printing, digital production, wide format, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services, is looking for an experienced bindery machine operator to join our award winning team. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce.
The primary purpose of this role is to operate a wide range of finishing equipment: folders, saddle stitchers, letter-press, cutting systems and small finishing equipment. The operator will be expected to set up jobs according to the job specifications and maintain established production standards. This is a production job requiring the operator to stand for eight hours a day. The ideal candidate will have experience running bindery equipment, be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude. However, we are willing to train the right person.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Generous paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
Duties, Responsibilities & Abilities:
- Willingness and ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Interpret and follow direction from a PrintStream work ticket
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: MBO, Stahl & Polar Equipment systems or similar models from other manufacturers
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Ability to operate computer based technology
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Prior commercial print shop experience
- High School education or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to read a ruler
- Basic math skills
- Constant standing and/or walking
- Manual dexterity
- Frequently lift up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally squat or kneel
- Occasionally bend
How to ApplyTo apply, go to www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment Suttle-Straus is an equal employment opportunity employer.
408 total views, 1 today