Full-Time Bindery Helper
JOB TITLE: Bindery Helper
REPORTS TO: Shipping Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Bindery Helper performs a variety of basic hand and machine operations to gather, collate, shrink-wrap or bind printed materials. This is the first level of a two level series and is distinguished from the higher level by the absence of setup, operation, and maintenance of the most complex equipment and procedures and by receiving guidance from higher level operators.
1. Set correct spacing on drills or punches to make binder holes in printed stock; feeds, offloads material and operates punching or drilling machines.
2. Trim equipment to assist bindery/cutter operator; load or offload materials at cutter and drills.
3. Supply paper flow at an equipment work station on ganged, multipurpose equipment (e.g., combined collating, trimming, operations).
4. Load, operate, and offload shrink wrap or strapping equipment; uses pallet jacks to move stock from one work station to another; as needed, assist with set up.
5. Jog (vibrating machine to shake stock into even, squared lots).
6. Preassemble lots of paper; count or measure and calculate quantity of paper to determine correct lots in accordance with job orders.
7. Fill and pack cartons with completed materials for shipment; mark or label packages for delivery to client; perform assembly and less complicated hand binding operations at work table.
8. Review job orders to assure correct processing and procedures; monitor materials in process to detect previous processing errors (incorrect assembly, printing errors, paper damage, etc.) and notify supervisor if problem is serious.
9. Maintain accurate production and time records; maintain clean work site and observe appropriate safety procedures at all times.
10. Assist in other work areas (warehouse, mail, shipping/receiving, and printing) as instructed.
•Ability to follow written or verbal directions well.
•Ability to pay great attention to detail and have organizational skills.
•Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers in order to complete a task on time and correctly.
•Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and maintain a positive attitude.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Have basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and the ability to read a ruler
EDUCATION & TRAINING: High School diploma
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 general bindery preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Full motion/motor skills in all body parts. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
SG360° is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
How to ApplyTo apply, please click here. https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=sg360&jobId=183959&lang=en_US&source=CC3
190 total views, 1 today