Full-Time 2nd PRESSMAN/BINDERY MACHINE OPERATOR TRAINEE
Would you like to build a career with a great company? Suttle-Straus is looking for 2nd Pressman/Bindery Machine Operator Trainees to join our award winning team on second and third shift! The ideal candidates have a strong mechanical aptitude and an interest in the graphic communications industry.
Suttle-Straus, is a premier provider of printing, wide format, digital imaging, mailing, custom kitting, warehousing, and distribution services. Our success is founded on three core principles: A clear focus on meeting and exceeding customer expectations; a long history of implementing new technologies to increase quality and efficiency; and the importance of building an outstanding workforce. Winner of the Printing Industries of America’s Best Workplace award for 17 consecutive years, Suttle-Straus offers a collaborative work environment, great benefits and fantastic co-workers.
We offer a competitive benefits package with immediate eligibility for health, dental, vision and life insurance, and eligibility after 30 days for a company matched 401(k) plan. Generous paid time off accrues monthly from date of hire.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist machine operators in the pressroom and operate a wide range of finishing equipment: folders, cutting systems, saddle stitchers, letter-press and small finishing equipment, to meet or exceed customer expectations with regard to quality, cost and timely delivery. This is a production job requiring the Operator to stand for 8-12 hours a day. The position requires the Operator to be detail orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude. The Operator will be expected to set up jobs according to the job specifications and maintain established production standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Insure efficient and cost effective operation of equipment
- Interpret and follow direction from a work ticket
- Interpret layouts and ticket information
- Check that correct paper is issued and the correct count
- Assist with equipment make ready and set up
- Assist in mounting plates and other items needed to process work
- Assist in the overall set up of the equipment, such as sheet size, coatings, blankets, etc.
- Check work against layouts, proofs and ticket information
- Assist in wash up between jobs
- Fill out necessary paper work and records (check list, maintenance log, stock usage, etc.)
- Monitor product quality
- Trouble shoot and perform adjustments and repairs as needed
- Follow daily schedule to meet delivery dates
- Insure all equipment and company procedures are followed
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate: MBO, Stahl & Polar Equipment systems or similar models from other manufacturers
Skills, Educational & Physical Requirements:
- High School education or equivalent professional experience
- Basic math skills
- Self-motivated with strong mechanical trouble shooting abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team environment
- Ability to operate computer based technology
- Constant standing and/or walking
- Manual dexterity
- Frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently squat or kneel
- Frequently bend
- Willingness and ability to work second shift, 2 to 10 pm, or third shift, 10 pm to 6 am
How to ApplyApply online at www.suttle-straus.com/about/employment. Suttle-Straus is an equal employment opportunity employer.
191 total views, 2 today