Full-Time 2nd Pressman, 2nd Shift
The Marek Group, one of the largest commercial printing companies in the Milwaukee area, is currently hiring a 2nd Pressman to add to our 2nd Shift.
While working under the direction of the Press Supervisor or person in charge, the Second Pressman has the overall responsibility to operate various types of sheet-fed presses to produce print on paper or other materials.
Responsibilities and Duties
General duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Examine job orders to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specifications, colors, and color sequences.
- Set and adjust speed, temperature, ink flow, and positions and pressure tolerances of equipment.
- Manually re-position printing plates, adjust pressure rolls, or otherwise adjust machines to improve print quality, using knobs, hand-wheels, or hand tools.
- Pour or spread paint, ink, color compounds, and other materials into reservoirs, troughs, hoppers, or color holders of printing units, making measurements and adjustments to control color and viscosity.
- Load, position, and adjust unprinted materials on holding fixtures or in equipment loading and feeding mechanisms
- Operates equipment to ensure proper ink coverage, alignment, and registration.
- Monitor feeding, printing, and racking processes of presses to maintain specified operating levels and to detect malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications, and external defects.
- Perform wash-up of press upon completion of every press run.
- Perform preventative maintenance per press manufacturer specifications.
Qualifications and Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and interpret pick lists, orders, reports, shipping instructions, and safety related information. Must be able to orally communicate work instructions to co-workers. Must be able to receive information through oral communication. Must be able to distinguish noises such as forklift horns and other machinery noises in order to maintain safety in the shop.
- The physical demands may include standing and walking for the majority of your work shift, constant use of fingers and hands, and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 2+ years of work experience on a sheet-fed press.
Full benefits package (medical, dental, vision) plus pension
How to ApplyApply online or In Person W228 N821 Westmound Dr. Waukesha, WI 53186 Job Type: Full-time Salary: $23.00 /hour
1469 total views, 1 today